When is the Reception open?
Monday: from 10.00 to 20.00
Tuesday to Thursday: 10.00 to 17:30
Friday: from 10.00 to 16.00
Bank holidays and weekends CLOSED.
What can I do if I need to contact a Staff Member outside the opening?
We have onsite staff 24 hours. We will give you a mobile number to contact the staff on duty.
Is there a curfew?
No, there is no curfew at Bethnal Student Living. You can use your key fob to access the building.
How is the layout of the apartment?
The apartment has separate rooms in the same studio with shared access to the kitchen and bathroom. All the apartments have two separated rooms.
What is a Twin room?
A Bedroom containing two single beds.
What does “self-catered accommodation” mean?
It means that you have access to a kitchen.
If I book a bed in a twin, do I need to book the whole room?
No, you don’t need to book the whole room because we will pair you up with someone else.
Can I share the apartment or room with a friend?
Yes, but you will have to indicate it on each individual booking form. We’ll do our best to assign you in the same room depending on availability.
Is my roommate going to match with my preferences?
We will do our best to put you in a room with someone matching your preferences, but it is not guaranteed.
What do I have to bring the first day?
You will need to bring with you a valid proof of ID and the letter of acceptance, together with the Student ID number and the name of the Educational Institution where you are enrolled.
How does the electricity work? How much will I pay per week?
The electricity works with a pre-pay card metre. You can purchase the card at the reception. The average cost per week per person is £5, but it could be more or less depending on the responsible use of the electricity equipment.”
What is included in the “Starter Kit”?
We offer the possibility to purchase a starter kit for the kitchen and bedroom for £55.00, subject to availability. The content of the packs is as follows:
- ULTIMATE CROCKERY PACK
- Table Knife, Table Fork, Dessert Spoon, Tea Spoon, Dinner Plate, Side Plate, Cereal Bowl, Mug and Tumbler
- INDIVIDUAL ITEMS
- Large saucepan non-stick, Frypan No Lid non stick, Slotted Spoon Nylon and Utility Knife
- BEDDING PACK SINGLE
- Deluxe Duvet and Pillow, Duvet Cover (e) 5* White, Fitted Sheet 5* White, Pillowcase 5* White,Bath towel
Can I have a guest to stay?
You can have up to 2 guests at the same time staying in the building subject to a fee. They will be able to stay overnight for a maximum of 14 nights given that we have a bed or a room available. Special fees will apply for friends and family.
How many people share the bathroom? Do you have ensuite rooms?
You will be sharing the bathroom with one up to 3 people, depending on the flat and the type of room selected. We don’t have ensuite rooms, however you can book the whole flat for yourself (ask for the prices and conditions).
Is there Wi-Fi?
Complementary WiFI: speed up to 3 Mbps. Ideal use for social media, internet browsing, etc.
Premium WIFI: speed up to 20 Mbps. Ideal use for streaming, Skype, downloading documents, etc.(Subject to a fee).
What does “4 Bedded” studio flat mean?
4 bedded means one open plan studio with 4 beds in the same space.
How is my room cleaned?
It is your responsibility to keep your room and flat clean.
What is my address while living at Bethnal Student Living?
The address is 23, Parmiter Street London E2 9EX and you will need to add your flat number.
How can I make a reservation?
You will need to send a request via email
or through our website
. We will send you a booking form.
Can I change my room after I move in?
Yes, you can only if there is still space available.
Do I have to pay Council Tax?
You do not have to pay Council Tax if you are a full time student. Please refer to the Council Tax website to see if you meet the requirements. Visit site: http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk
How long does it take to go to my University/School?
- London College of Fashion: 12 minutes
- Queen Mary University: 15 minutes
- Guildhall Music and Drama: 22 minutes
- University of Law: 23 minutes
- Cass Business School: 23 minutes
- BPP Law School: 24 minutes
- London South Bank University: 27 minutes
- University of East London: 27 minutes
- LSE (London School of Economics): 27 minutes
- City University London: 29 minutes
- London School of Business and Finance: 30 minutes
- University of Westminster: 30 minutes
- Notting Hill University: 31 minutes
- UCL (University College London): 33 minutes
- KCL (Kings College London): 35 minutes
- Royal Academy of Music: 35 minutes
- London Business School: 37 minutes
- London Metropolitan University: 38 minutes
- Regents University London: 40 minutes
- University of Greenwich: 45 minutes